Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Start



Our start as "The Watts" began on September 20,2008. It was a long time in the making, but meant to be all along.

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! If we had it to do over again, we would not change a thing! Colton helped us to light the unity candle. He told us that he like to "play with the fire." That is just like him!


From the ceramony we moved on to the reception. It was held at the Conference Center. We had the BEST DJ ever, good food, a "candy bar" and lots of dancing! In this picture we were doing the chicken dance!

At the end of the night we were exhausted! But that didnt stop us, the party carried on with lots of friends and family at Brad and Jenny's.









From the wedding we had a day of rest then hit the road for our honeymoon. We drove to Mobile AL. where the ship left from and headed to MEXICO! This is a picture from one of the islands we went to.
Our first stop was Cozumel. We did not do much there in Cozumel but we did go to Margaritaville. When we went in and opened the menu I was ready to go when it said, $125.00 for a hamburger! Jack calmed me down just long enough to ask someone about it. Come to find out the prices were listed in Mexican money (I cant spell it- Peso's?). Anyway we ended up ordering nacho's to share and they were really good.




Our second and last stop was the port of Calica- the town of Playa Del Carmen. There we took a four wheeler ride through the jungle. It was a lot of fun, A LOT OF FUN! But everyone had to drive their own fourwheeler, they would not let me ride with Jack. I had never drove one before. It was ok until we went through some really, really rough grounds and the four wheeler threw me off! I cut my leg pretty bad and will probably always have a scar. It was worth it though because it was so much fun. And the secluded beach we drove to was GORGEOUS! Anyway this is a picture of the tour guide fixing my leg after I cut it.





Our time in Mexico was by far the best trip of my life! And I have so many memorable ones. But it was actually the only vacation that I have ever had when I cried when I had to go. Then again I had never been on such an amazing journey with the one I love.


Life is good. I usually have a thought for the day. My thought for today, "Cherish every moment like it is your last."

2 comments:

  1. Great start Amber! I am impressed . . . oh, think of that scar as a permanent momento of your honeymoon. May it go on forever!
    Love,
    Grandmam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the lighting of the Unity Candle. That was definately a tear jerker. I was up there trying not to look like a moron crying and wiping my face. I bet my face didn't look to pretty trying to hold it in either. That is so funny colton said he liked playing with the fire. That does sound just like him. I am so glad ya started this thing. Welcome to my world. You will find so much to blog about that you never thought ya would.

    ReplyDelete