Monday, March 30, 2009

She is a woman, ain't she?

My weekend started on Friday at 3:30 taking Berlie and Catelyn to the vet. Berlie had her annual checkups but Cate had something terribly wrong with her eye. I told the vet that I thought she had eye cancer and was going blind. This is why I am not the cat Dr. because as it turns out she doesn't have cancer at all, she has an ulcer on her eye. She was given some medicine and told that in a few weeks it should clear up with no lasting eye problems. I was very happy to hear this, especially seeing as to how I thought she was dying! I guess I will learn to take care of feeding the elderly and let the veterinarian take care of diagnosing the animals.


This is really not a good picture at all, but I wanted to let everyone know the good news that Jack received on Friday afternoon. This is his second academic excellence pin! He is doing really well with his school and is really enjoying it! He is scheduled to take his class final on May 27 and start his externship the following Monday. He has to do 2 months of externship then his graduation date is set for July 27. I am so proud of him and he is so excited about what the future holds!




On Saturday evening several of us went out to eat. Little did we know, while we were sitting inside J&G there was a storm brewing outside. Just as we got our food the power went out. So we sat in the dark and ate supper. Colton liked that. Not only were we in the dark, but the hood vents to the stove were electric so the whole place filled with smoke pretty quickly, they had to open the doors. It was quite the experience. Isn't it great how memories are made?



So Saturday afternoon after supper we all got back in the car and a friend of ours was asking of his wife, "Why can't she entertain herself on occasion? Why do I always have to entertain her?" Then a little voice from the back seat says, "She is a woman ain't she? That's what women do!" And that was all Colton had to say about that subject. It really does amaze me sometimes how smart he is about life subjects.



1 comment: