Friday, April 3, 2009

He makes me smile

On April 1st Jack had already decided he was not going to school. While I was at work he went to the grocery store for supper. The plan was that he would go wash my car and I was going to start supper. We were going to have spaghetti with garlic bread. I got the spaghetti going and when Jack was done cleaning the car he come in and started the garlic bread.
I got glasses from the cabinet and was going to pour Jack and I something to drink. As I opened the refrigerator door Jack said, "you wont need that." I asked what he meant, of course I need something to drink. He said, "no seriously you wont need it, just trust me." I then proceeded to tell him that if I got sit down and had to get back up to get something to drink that I was going to be mad at him. Again he said for me to just trust him.
So I did. We carried the plates to our living room and as I reached the door I seen it. He had cut the lights down low and lit a candle and had put two wine glasses and a bottle of sparkling grape juice out just for the two of us.
We had a nice candle lit dinner while watching the UFC fight. I was a wonderful night! I have such a good hubby!
My quote for the day: If I could hold a star for everytime you make me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hands.

2 comments:

  1. Aww. That was too sweet. Aren't you just so thankful for such wonderful hubbys we got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jack!!! Did he ever tell you how I used to take him (and Robbie at separate times) on a regular date? They had to open doors, take my coat, help me with my chair, etc. I told them they were just practicing for their real girlfriends one day. LOL Grandmam

    ReplyDelete