Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Work & School

At work last week we had a volunteer luncheon. On the menu was a loaded baked potato bar and a fruit bar. This is the fruit the kitchen put together. I thought we did a good job, I was very proud of it.
On Friday was the relay for life. Our team ended up raising more than $5,100 for the American Cancer Society. Our goal was 5 thousand and we reached it. We thought we did a good job for our first year participating.

I saw Erica at the relay. It was the first time I had saw my "little sister" since the day before my wedding. I have missed her.
Ok so this is kinda silly but, I made homemade cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese for the first time this week. I burned my fingers in the process :D but it was really good.

As far as Jackie's school goes, its going well. He has only about 4 weeks left. He has started studying really hard and is trying to prepare for his final. It's coming up on the end and we both are getting very excited, but continue to keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. That way awesome, I know yall cant wait for him to get out of school. All that fruit looks super de duper yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my mouth hurts just thinking about all that. colton is a character and that fruit and macaroni both look so yummy!!! You do a great job with your blog and congrats to the team raising over $5 grand!! Our Relay for Life team works this coming Friday . . . hope we can do as well!!!

    ReplyDelete